Recruitment Privacy Notice
About This Notice
We, at Trigo Vision Ltd. and our affiliates (collectively, “Trigo”), put great efforts in making sure that we secure personal information related to you and use it properly. This notice explains our privacy practices and how we handle personal information related to you when you apply for a job with Trigo. Specifically, this notice will provide details about:
- The personal information that you submit us as a job applicant;
- The way we use personal information related to you; and,
- The rights that you as a job candidate have in connection with personal information related to you.
Personal information means any information relating to you as an identified or identifiable natural person.
Please take the time to read this notice and do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your job application process.
Purposes for Collecting and Processing Personal Information Related to You
We collect personal information related to you for recruiting and for our general HR purposes – so that we could assess your candidacy and suitability for a job with Trigo, whether it is the position that you applied for, or other current or future vacant positions, to maintain contact with you and to prepare to offer you an employment contract and keep your information in your employee file, if we decide to hire you.
We also use personal information related to you for human resources’ management in general, including:
- To manage Trigo’s HR and to maintain record keeping;
- To comply with diversity, inclusion, and other legal requirements and to protect Trigo’s legal rights; and,
- when Trigo believes in good-faith that using personal information related to you is necessary to protect the life, health, safety, or other vital interest of Trigo or any other person.
Personal Information That We Collect
When you apply for a job at Trigo, we will ask you to provide certain personal information that will help us evaluate your qualifications and candidacy and to stay in touch with you during the application and recruitment process. The Information we collect includes but is not limited to the following:
- Personal information connected to your identification such as: first name, surname, title, date of birth, place of birth;
- Contact information such as: address (street, zip code, country), phone number, email address;
- Eligibility information such as: resume/CV, cover letter, employment history (employers, job titles, length of employment) and educational background and training, linguistic capabilities, job skills, personal interests;
- Reference materials and documents such as: job references and letters of recommendation, job salary/payment history, titles and licenses, immigration visa status, and security clearance (all subject to and in accordance with applicable law);
- Social media information such as your LinkedIn profile; and,
- Information that you provide us about your work and personality traits such as answers during an interview, or answers to essay questions, or information about your salary expectations and work preferences.
Applying for a job and submitting your job candidacy materials is voluntary, and at any time if you would like to withdraw your job candidacy, you can contact us and request that we stop considering your application and that we delete your profile and any materials we collected.
Our deletion of personal information related to you and job application materials will be completed in accordance with our Retention policy as described below in this notice.
If you were required to provide explicit consent before submitting your job application materials and personal information, you can revoke your consent at any time. You can exercise your choice by contacting us at: email@example.com.
Cookies are small packets of information sent to your web browser and then sent back by the browser each time it accesses the server that sent the cookie. Trigo uses session cookies for legitimate purposes, such as facilitation of the use of our website and its features and tools. Your device removes session cookies when you close your browser session.
If you wish to delete cookies or limit the kinds of cookies that can be placed on your device, please check out the settings in your browser using the ‘Help’ tab or look for settings like ‘Options’ or ‘Privacy.’ From there, you can delete cookies, block them or control when they can be placed.
Accessing Personal Information Related to You
If you are entitled under applicable laws to exercise the rights of access, rectification, and deletion of inaccurate data (collectively: the right of access), you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and request to access the personal information that we keep about you.
We will ask you to provide us certain credentials in order to verify your identity and will make good-faith efforts to locate personal information related to you that you request to access.
In responding to your request, we will apply limitations available under applicable law, for example to protect our trade secrets and confidential information and to protect the privacy of others.
If you are entitled to a right of access under the applicable law, you can receive a copy of personal information related to you that we hold about you and request the correction, amendment or deletion of personal information related to you if it is inaccurate or if you believe that the processing of personal information related to you is in violation of applicable law.
We will use judgement and due care to redact from the data which we will make available to you, personal information related to others.
Additional Terms for Candidates in the EU/EEA
Our legal basis for processing personal information collected about you in the EEA/EU is based on the following:
- Processing personal information related to you is a legitimate interest of Trigo as it is necessary for us to fulfill our hiring and employment needs, for us to evaluate the qualifications and backgrounds of candidates, and to communicate with you throughout the recruitment process.
- Processing personal information related to you is necessary for our compliance with legal obligations such as complying with immigration and employment laws and regulations.
In certain circumstances, we will request you to consent to processing personal information related to you for a job application (for example, in some countries outside of the EU/EEA, we are required to receive your consent before processing personal information related to you as part of the application process).
You are entitled to the additional following rights:
- Right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase some or all of personal information related to you.
- Right to restriction of processing – You have the right to request that we restrict or limit processing of personal information related to you.
- Right to object – Where our processing of personal information related to you is based on our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to our processing of personal information related to you.
- Right to data portability – Where our processing of personal information related to you is based on your consent, you have a right to have personal information related to you transmitted to another controller.
- Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing – We may use our service providers’ automated platforms to identify appropriate job candidates and process their personal information. However, our decision whether to hire you or not is made by our HR staff.
- Right to file a complaint – You have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or of an alleged infringement of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
Please contact us if you wish to make a request to exercise your rights or if you have a question about your rights; You can contact us at: DPO@trigoretail.com
You can also contact our EU representative, Adv. Thomas Rickert, at: email@example.com.
If you would like further additional information about your rights in association with personal information related to you or if you believe that we are misusing or have misused personal information related to you, please contact your local data protection authority. Here is a link to the contact details of EU data protection authorities:
Retention of Personal Information Related to You
We store your job application documents and content in accordance with our internal data retention policy. We then delete the application documents from our systems.
Retention periods can vary based on the duration of the recruitment process, vacant positions and our decision whether to hire you or not.
We will maintain a record with details about your submission of the application with us, such as your name, interview dates and locations, our decision whether to hire you or not and other relevant information, for archival purposes, to establish exercise and defend legal claims and if we are required under law to retain personal information related to you.
Sharing and Transferring Personal Information Related to You
We will share personal information related to you –
- With any of our affiliate entities.
- With third party service providers that provide business functions for Trigo, which will include processing personal information related to you. Such third-party service providers are engaged by us for the purpose of, among others, data storage, information security and employee background checks.
- With a competent supervisory authority, if we believe that the disclosure is required under applicable laws.
- With law enforcement or other authorities (including immigration, health, tax, national security) when it is necessary to protect the interests of our company or individuals.
- With another entity when it is required as part of a merger, acquisition or assignment of part or all of our business with that entity.
Transfer of Personal information Related to You Outside Your Territory
If you are a resident in a jurisdiction where transfer of personal information related to you to another jurisdiction requires your consent, then you hereby provide Trigo your explicit and unambiguous consent to such transfer. We store personal information related to you in Israel and the U.S. and will transfer personal information related to you to sites in other territories, as necessary to support our legitimate business needs.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or have any concerns about how we handle personal information related to you, please contact us at: DPO@trigoretail.com.
Last updated: March 30, 2022